Sunday, August 22, 2010

The crack of dawn and other times I miss while sleeping

N. has always been an early riser. Z. and I, well, not so much.
Fortunately I have N. to wake us up now that school is back in session, and moseying to class at 9am just doesn't cut it when the breakfast line starts at 7:30.
He was dressed down to shoes and backpack before moms alarm even went off.
First day pictures just don't do justice to the excitement and nervousness the kids were feeling.

T. and S. though, are very much enjoying having the morning to themselves.
I do mean themselves.
Mom went back to bed after the Elementary drop off (for good reason, Dave Matthews Band and the ride home from Salt Lake till 2am caused some sleep loss) and found these two serving their own picnic style breakfast out back.
Sleeping in normally results in 1/2 gallon of milk on the floor, a wet diaper deposited randomly, a movie turned up way too loud, and some arguing.
I'll take the cute happy smiles any morning.
Quiet and clean also are nice but not required.

No comments: