Friday, August 6, 2010

Do not feed your fingers to the horses, or the day we visited the farm






So, I think I know what Heaven will be like.
I spent a morning with my beautiful, energetic kids, My sister and her sweet baby, and two of my favorite Aunts and their kids(Maryman if you would have come it would have been all of my favorite aunts!) at a farm.
Sounds hot and smelly.
Yes it was, but I hardly noticed.
To be outside with some of those people I treasure, enjoying some of the animals God created, just too good for words.
I laughed.
I cried (just to myself).
Yes, I do that most days just thinking about the laundry, but that day really was special.
I am so blessed.

Laughing at N. as he pretends to be gored by this cow, steer, what ever you call it(no idea what the correct bovine terms are). Not sure the cutiepie in the background finds it as funny.



Another good snicker: "It says "Do not drink"!!!" This was the pig cage, the pigs water, to cool off in. Not a pretty sight. I wondered if they had problems in the past with thirsty kids climbing the fence and actually drinking it. Gross.


Another funny one was T. copying big brother. Gored in the neck. Gored or Bored?

Because of the smile and lack of much blood, Z.'s trouble with a horse still makes me smile. Reason being that she has been able to read since she was in preschool. Has it been helpful? Normally. This day though she was so busy collecting things on the ground to feed the horses that she didnt read the Big Red Sign."Please Do Not Feed Your Fingers to the Horses". There is a reason its a big sign and that its red and that it is kid level. These are not normal horses. These are the giant finger eating types. As you can guess, she got bit. And it surprised her. We couldn't help but tease that she would end up with half of a finger like her Grandpa. He was also bitten by an animal. Hers fortunately didn't get infected, just bruised and swollen. Lesson learned.

And now for the crying part. We met the worlds most friendly cow. No kidding. She took a liking and nearly a licking to N. The part that got to my heart first was her eyes. Big Brown Izzy eyes. Same feel to her hair too. Friendly like her, and looking like her, and feeling like her, made me miss that little dog so much. *sigh* Then I remembered Heaven, just a feeling of a memory. That's enough though, I don't need any real memories of what its like, I am living it right now.

No comments: